Date: Sunday, March 17
Time: Registration at 8:45 am, course commences at 9 am and concludes at 1:15 pm.
Cost: $250 or $125 - for students of undergraduate courses as opposed to post graduate courses.
For students registering please use the coupon code "tertiary" at checkout to activate the discount. After registering, please email a copy of your student card or evidence of student status to firstname.lastname@example.org
Book at the same time as your colleague or friend and save on the course registration cost.
- If two people register together - you each save 10%
- If three people register together - you each save 15%
- If four people register together - you each save 20%
This course will be conducted in two parts: a 90-minute online theory module and a 4 hour face-to-face practical taping session.
You will receive access to the online theory module one month before your scheduled face to face course.
- An introduction to kinesiology taping
- How it works
- Principles of application
- Research overview
The face-to-face component will be entirely practical.
- Regional taping - individual muscles and joints
- Oedema taping
- Taping to cue posture/position
Unlike other methods, RockTape’s taping protocol is based on an ‘open-source’ philosophy - we don’t believe there’s only one right way to tape. This approach to taping integrates concepts from all other methods and provides a framework for the practitioner to determine the best approach for them and their clients using their own clinical reasoning. By teaching a framework of kinesiology taping - concepts not recipes, it’s much easier for attendees to apply clinically to their customer group – i.e., lower limb, upper limb, pediatric, geriatric, neuro, musculoskeletal, equine, canine, etc.
- a copy of the presentation slides
- enough RockTape to use during the course and also to have some left over to practice your new skills later.
- a certificate on completion
- Association of Massage Therapists - 6 PD points
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society - 6 CPE points
- Bowen Association of Australia - 6 CEU's Category 2
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia - 6 Education Points
- Massage Association of Australia - 6 CPE points
- Massage & Myotherapy Australia - 12 CPE
- Myotherapy Association of Australia - 6 PD points
- Osteopathy Australia - 6 CPD hours
The following associations recognise members who attend courses within their scope of practice.
- Australian Chiropractic Association
- Australian Natural Therapists Association
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Occupational Therapy Australia
- Podiatry Board of Australia
Early in the week prior to the course you will receive an email with more information about the course - directions, suggestions on what to wear and take to the course etc., and a copy of the course presentation.
On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion for CPD purposes.
Notice of a cancellation received more than 1 week prior to the course will receive a full refund less a $50 administration fee. Cancellations in the week prior to the course will not receive a refund as all our costs are incurred by then.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation if there are not enough registrations to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be given as much notice as possible of the cancellation and offered an alternative course if available, or a full refund.